TEFL Vocabulary, Grammar and Communicative Skills.
If you are a beginner (A2 CEFR level) these British Council Podcasts are excellent for getting you started. As the week progresses I will post up other related work which will be appropriate for different levels of student ability. If you are an Intermediate level of student you may want to use this resource to revise and then extend your knowledge. Advanced students may just want to dip into the additional and other resources added during the week.
Find the audio link (MP3) right click and save it so you can listen to it whenever is convenient for you. The podcast comes with a support pack and transcript which is 22 pages long. Use this link:
Download and do the exercises.
Main Contents of Podcast This Week
- Describing cats
- What famous person would you like to meet and why? Didier Drogba
- Vocabulary quiz - words beginning with (single consonant sounds)
- New Zealand - the landscape and scenery
- Expressing an opinion - Which do you prefer cats or dogs?
- Dialogue of Carolina from Venezuela when she meets her new flatmates in Newcastle.
- Telling/retelling a joke
Here is a summary of the main language points of the podcast. Try to get more practise with these language points during the week if you can:
- Regular and irregular verbs
- The base form, the past simple tense and the past participle in the present perfect tense
- Informal phrases.
I will follow up with work that is related through the week. This work will be graded for different levels of student ability.